Friday, January 11, 2013

Laundry Room Reveal

Our laundry room is complete.




Well, mostly complete. ;)

I still have to hang a few things on the wall. You know, the last 10% that I mentioned here.

I am so happy with how it turned out. It is one of my favorite rooms in the house and truly is MY room, since no one else in this house would dare step foot in there. That's ok though. I like having my own space, even if it is just the laundry room.

Today, I am just going to share photos of the space. I'll be back later to share the details such as paint colors or how things came to be.


I painted the existing oak cabinets:

Remember what they used to look like? A reminder:




And a new countertop was installed:


New hardware on the cabinets:


I lined the drawers in a pretty fabric:



New farmhouse sink and faucet. You can also see the white subway tile backsplash we added:


The new beadboard ceiling with crown moulding and a "new" light:

 



I painted an old hutch:



And added new hardware and distressed it a bit:








An Ikea shelf with flea market brackets. The middle box holds all lost socks, which we have a ton of:


A custom roman shade:


Board and batten walls and an ironing cabinet:

I recovered the ironing board in  a coordinating fabric:


 This is a $1 garage sale find that I plan to turn into a drying rack and hang next to the window. I am going to attempt to do a knock off of Ballard Design's drying rack, pictured right:



This is just a flea market find that I want to hang somewhere in there.



I still need to find a few more items for the walls and probably add some hooks on the walls for winter coat storage, etc (maybe).

That's the laundry room! I hope you enjoyed looking! I'll be back with all the details soon!


Linking up to these parties:

Visit thecsiproject.com


8 comments:

  1. I love everything about it! Especially your color scheme which is so soothing for that space. I wish I had a space like that to do laundry! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful....I see the laundry detergent in the small Ball jar...where do you keep the "real life" laundry detergent and all that good stuff within reach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erikita, the glass jars have Borax and Oxyclean in them. My laundry detergent and other cleaning supplies are in the cabinet under the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a joy to do your laundry now! Your room looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same idea to hang a painted hutch instead of installing cabinets, but I thought it would be too heavy. No? Do you have to avoid putting heavy items in there, such as large containers of laundry detergent and seldom-used small appliances? How did you attach it to the wall securely? Thanks... Looks GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and awesome, everything was made into perfection.
    home remodeling baltimore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your laundry room! Where can I find a light like this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you find the farmhouse sink?

    ReplyDelete