Alternately known as, "I Wanted to Give Up"
"Is This a Joke?"
"I know I'm Being Overly Dramatic, but I Don't Care"
It all started out just fine. I finished painting the hutch that is going to go up in the laundry room.
I still have to wax it, but the sanding, priming and painting is done. The plan is to put the doors on the end and leave the middle as open shelving.
Which brings me to the doors. The doors.
I sanded them, sprayed the wire front, taped around it, primed, sanded, painted, sanded and one and on and now it looks like this:
Insert scary music here:
Once I removed the tape that was protecting the wire, it started coming off in CHUNKS!
Even though I sanded, I am guessing I did not sand the inset area well enough. Even now, as I sand it again, it is hard to get a rough surface there. The paint on the rest of the door, so far, seems just fine.
Now, I need to fix this fiasco. We are going to remove the wire front, which I wish I would have done first, but I was afraid it was going to be hard to staple it back in place. My husband has informed me that it would be really easy to do that (Thanks for mentioning that NOW, Dear).
Speaking of the wire front, the tape pulled some of the paint off:
It just gets better and better!
Ok, I am almost done with all the belly aching and self pity. It could be worse, I know. I just thought I was following all the steps so carefully and really didn't foresee this hiccup. It will be better.
For now, though, I just want it D.O.N.E.
Hope your projects are going better than mine, but if not, please feel free to commiserate with me and tell me all about it!